Who is this Goddess person anyway? Ah, I’m glad you asked. You see, my parents named me after not one but two Hindu Goddesses and when I call myself The Goddess, I’m just translating my name. Also, it’s a little like the Advaitic world view. I am me but I’m also The Goddess.
At a more prosaic level, here’s some basic info about me. I’m a 30+ software engineer who lives in Chennai with her husband (The Hero) and son (Chotu Singh). I mostly write about whatever catches my fancy.
Here are some random facts about me:
- I’m perpetually late for everything because I try to time things down to the last second. Obviously, that doesn’t work and is not very good for having any kind of relationship.
- I over-think the simplest things and then blog about them. Halfway through the post I realize that I have some very first-world-problems like too much help or too many clothes and I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself. I then feel guilty for feeling guilty leading to posts like these and so the cycle continues until I write posts like these and clear out the gloom.
- My guilty pleasures are fashion magazines and lifestyle blogs like Cupcakes and Cashmere and Cup of Jo. Then I promptly balance that out by going to GOMI and reading comments about these blogs. Then I feel guilty for spending so much time on something so useless and read Slashdot instead.
- My guilt-free pleasure is dark chocolate.
- I’m still making up my mind about what I want to be when I grow up…
If you’d like to know more about me, I’ve dedicated
reams megabytes of space here to describing myself.