I don’t know if anyone is still around but I’ve missed blogging and I’m going ease my way back in by posting weekly book reviews and round ups of what’s happening in my garden.
I haven’t been reading much these days. Here’s my reading list for September. Two fiction and two non-fiction books:
- Interesting Times, Terry Pratchett
- My Brilliant Friend , Elena Ferrante
- The Master Algorithm, Pedro Domingos
- Health, Healing and Beyond, T. K. V. Desikachar
I’m learning to grow vegetables in containers and my goal is to feed our family with organic produce by the end of next year. With the exception of onions, potatoes, carrots and suchlike it’s theoretically possible to grow almost everything else for ourselves. Flowers for puja included. Let’s see how this project goes. I have quite a liberal budget set for this and I hope to start breaking even by next year.
Here’s my target for this month.
- Revive my bottle gourd and snake gourd vines which somehow look a bit wilted and yellow
- Get the cucumber creepers to yield
- Tomato, brinjal, chilly plants are flowering, they need to start yielding
- Start cauliflower, beets, carrots, spinach from seeds
- Plant a few gongura stalks
- Plant banana and papaya trees in the garden